- Claims of Copyright Infringement
Website Terms Frequently Asked Questions
Website Terms - Frequently Asked Questions
Within these Frequently Asked Questions, Kodak Alaris Inc. will be referred to as "The Company."
- May I download information about "Kodak" branded products sold by The Company (the "Kodak Products") (text or images) for hard copy publication, e.g. catalogs, magazine articles, books, etc.?
- The Company grants permission for use of Kodak Product information (text and images of Kodak Products) for catalogs and brochures promoting the sale of Kodak Products and for non-commercial research, educational or journalistic purposes such as newspaper and magazine articles and textbooks. All other uses are prohibited. This permission does not cover the right to use the image of any person shown in a product information image. The right to grant such permission belongs to the person shown and The Company is not able to grant such permission or to give any contact information about the person shown.
- May I download Kodak Product information (text or images) for hard copy distribution to my customers?
- Yes. If you are in the business of selling Kodak Products, or selling services that involve the use of Kodak Products, you may reprint product information from our Web site for distribution in hard copy to your customers. No additional permission is required.
None: If you want to distribute this information in electronic form (for example, on your Web site), see the following question.
- May I download Kodak Product information (text or images) for soft copy publication on my Web Site, bulletin board, or other electronic distribution system?
- No. We are constantly updating the information on The Company Web Site. We prefer that you provide your customers with a direct link to The Company's Web Site for the most up-to-date and accurate product information available.
- May I use the Kodak Alaris Corporate Symbol or Kodak Alaris Logo on my Web Site or in printed material?
- No, the distinctive design of this symbol is Kodak Alaris Inc. Company's and is only for use on Kodak Alaris' products and facilities. As such, the Corporate Symbol is intended only for use by Kodak Alaris and its licensees and is not to be used by others. In certain situations, we allow the usage of the Kodak Alaris name in its distinctive logo-type, for which written permission from Kodak Alaris is required prior to use.
- Can I use The Company's Sample Digital Images on my Web Site?
- No. The Company sells products and services for others to use in capturing and sharing high quality images, but The Company is not in the business of providing high quality images for use by others. That is the business of professional photographers and stock photo agencies, and we encourage you to obtain your images from those sources. The Sample Digital Images are provided on the Web Site as examples of high quality digital images that people can use to learn more about digital imaging by downloading them and using them on their desktop. They are not intended for redistribution.
- OK, then what CAN I do with the Sample Digital Images?
- OK, what is a non-commercial, private purpose?
- No answer to that question can be complete, but here are some examples.
Acceptable non-commercial, personal purpose:
NOT Acceptable purpose:
- use as a screen saver on your personal computer only
- use on personal documents (such as school assignments)
- printing out hard copies for personal use (such as wall art)
- for learning how to use imaging software applications
- use in newspaper and magazine articles, textbooks
- use on a Web site (even a personal home page)
- use on newsletters or brochures not promoting Kodak Products
- use as packaging or advertising
- resale as part of a collection of digital images
- making screen savers for resale or redistribution
- use as background art for any Internet or Web-based system